At Alta we know our people are our biggest asset.
Together, we passionately pursue our mission to create value, build trust and deliver results for progressive farmers around the world.
We embrace a culture of openness, transparency and integrity. We encourage each other to voice opinions and share ideas.
We receive extensive training from world-class academic leaders in the areas of genetic and reproductive consulting, dairy management and diagnostics, sales, products and programs.
We are rewarded with growth opportunities to best use our skills and talents, and enjoy a supportive working environment with competitive benefits and a fun, team atmosphere.
Genetic Consultants/Sales Representatives
We have immediate openings for Genetic Consultants/Sales Representatives across Tasmania and Victoria. These positions would be responsible for the Tasmanian, Gippsland and Western Victoria regions.
They will work within a team that delivers high quality genetic products, services and programs to increase profitability for our clients. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, results-driven, and has previous consulting/ sales experience in the agricultural, farming or dairy sector.
- Assess producer needs and deliver upon requests
- Promote and sell Alta’s genetics, related products and services to retail accounts
- Provide an excellent and efficient service to clients; by providing a superior level of consulting
- Provide continuous improvement to our clients, based on assessment of individual business needs
- Increase Alta’s market share through existing customer base and core business of large herds
- Educate dairy producers and industry partners regarding the value of Alta’s products, services, and the latest reproduction and management technologies
- Promote Alta products and services at local and regional dairy events
- Participate in domestic or corporate projects upon request
- As a District Area Consultant, you will deliver value-added genetic solutions and programs while increasing sales volume within the given sales territory
- At least 2 years consultative sales experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Dairy, Animal Science or Agriculture is preferred
- Enthusiasm for and experience in the dairy/beef industry
- Exceptional customer relations and communication skills
- Ability to take initiative to continuously review and improve the processes and information within the department and company
- Self-starter, results oriented and driven by developing win-win solutions.
- In depth genetic knowledge and familiarity with dairy management software programs is considered an asset
- Ability to work independently and within a team in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Considerable travel may be required
To find out more or apply for this job, please contact us on (03) 8336 1458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org